Dark Skin Pigmentation, Hyperpigmentation Treatment in Mumbai, India
Commonly faced problems
Skin pigmentation is a commonly seen problem in men and women with genetic, hormonal or environmental underlying causes. It is condition when the cells that are responsible for producing pigment (or color) in our body malfunction and either produce excessive pigment or very less pigment. It is more commonly seen in women than in men, but is not restricted any particular skin type. People with both dark and fair skin tone can have skin pigmentation problems. Although pigmentation related anomalies can happen anywhere on the body, they are more commonly observed on face and areas of skin that remain generally exposed to sun. Commonly seen skin pigmentation problems are –
- Freckles are a condition of localized skin pigmentation which results in small spots appearing on skin which is exposed to sunrays. Mostly people with fair skin color or those who live in high altitudes, and who have a family history, develop this skin pigmentation condition.
- Melasma is a type of pigmentation which happens because of hormonal imbalance and is most commonly seen in pregnant women. Also known as chloasma, it includes a symmetrical and spread out darkening of skin.
- Liver spots or age spots is a skin pigmentation problem mostly seen in older people with poor performing liver.
- Tanning is the most common pigmentation problem which happens due to excessive sun exposure.
- Acanthosis nigricans is a condition of dark and velvet-like pigmentation on skin folds because of metabolic malfunctioning.
Cause of pigmentation
While pigmentation is mostly credited to external factors such as poor protection from sun and lack of proper hygiene, there can be many hormonal and genetic factors which can contribute to skin pigmentation. Skin pigmentation is basically caused by ‘melanin’ which is a pigment secreted by melanocyte cells in the skin. This melanin pigment protects the skin from UV rays upon sun exposure. But at times, increased hormonal activity or malfunctioning organs in the body can also lead to enhanced melanin production. The most distinctive causes of skin pigmentation are –
- Hormone imbalance: During pregnancy, menstruation or menopause, women undergo a lot of hormonal changes. These changes in female reproductive hormones can lead to hyperactivity of melanocytes, especially in the facial region.
- Metabolic disorder: Malfunctioning liver or insulin resistance in the body can also affect the body’s capacity to produce melanin. The resultant skin pigmentation is accompanied by disfigured condition of skin texture as well.
- Post inflammation: Skin pigmentation can also be a result of chronic acne problems and scarring of skin. Skin can either lose pigment and turn pale (hypopigmentation) or accumulate a lot of pigment and become much darker (hyperpigmentation).
- Over exposure to sun:Tanning and freckles are caused by over exposure to sun which causes the melanocytes in the skin to produce excessive melanin as a protective measure.
There are various procedures available for skin pigmentation treatment which can either be used in complement to each other or individually. These are –
- Laser toning: This treatment uses laser technology to slowly create a bleaching effect in the dermal and epidermal layer of the skin and reduce skin pigmentation.
- Chemical and fruit peels: Based on specific skin tone and skin type, Chemical peels and natural-fruit peels are also very popular for skin pigmentation cure. These treatments can be executed in a very short duration, hence allowing the patient to resume their daily routine almost immediately afterward.
- Microdermabrasion: This is a skin polishing procedure which utilized a focused and controlled use of microscopic crystals to exfoliate dead skin and correct epidermal pigmentation.
fractional Key Benefits
Skin pigmentation treatment drastically improves the texture and color of skin. Although it is a gradual process and takes at-least 4 to 6 sittings for the results to emerge, skin pigmentation treatment essentially benefits by –
- Removing persistent dark patches, spots or symmetrically darkened area
- Changing the skin texture from velvety to smooth
- Correcting the underlying hormonal or metabolic causes to pave way for healthier skin
- Correcting skin conditions in non-surgical and non-invasive manner
- Improving self-image and restoring self-confidence by treating skin pigmentation
Dark Skin Pigmentation Treatment Before and After Photos-
Why choose us?
At The Esthetic Clinic, all our services are designed to offer complete specification and customization to every patient. Our expert care providers take into consideration your relevant medical history and skin type before devising a skin pigmentation treatment plan for you. Our co-founder, Dr. Rinky Kapoor is the most celebrated Dermatologist in Mumbai, India and is trained as a Cosmetic Dermatologist, Cosmetologist and Trichologist from the National Skin Centre, Singapore & the Stanford University, USA. Using multiple treatment options which can suit the specific needs of your skin,
We offer an all comprehensive skin pigmentation treatment at competitive prices. As the treatment requires an in-depth understanding of the underlying causes, possible allergies and skin sensitivities as well your treatment preferences; we recommend you to call us at The Esthetic clinic for our latest prices.