Psoriasis is a skin inflammation problem which can be caused due to various internal and external causes. There are five distinct types of Psoriasis which are caused by hyper-active T Cells (White Blood Cells) that cause rapid growth of skin. Although the condition is not contagious, a person developing one type of Psoriasis is likely to develop other forms of Psoriasis too. Different types of Psoriasis conditions are –
- Plaque psoriasis (reddish skin covered in silvery white scales on elbows, knees, lower back and scalp)
- Guttate psoriasis (small red spots in children, clear up by themselves within few months)
- Pustular psoriasis (white pustules surrounded by reddish skin on palms and soles)
- Inverse psoriasis (smooth red lesions in skin fold around buttocks, genitals, armpits, and under breasts)
- Erythrodermic psoriasis (Widespread redness and severe itching and pain)
In addition to these areas, 10-30% of psoriasis patients are also likely to develop psoriatic arthritis. Psoriasis can also affect nails causing splitting or pitting of nails. Due to factors like cold, stress, infection, injury, and ingestion of medicines containing lithium or interferons, Psoriasis can be triggered. That is why Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai and India is provided through various specialty centers.
Psoriasis treatment primarily includes diagnosis through examination of skin, hair, and nails. Skin biopsy is also conducted as part of Psoriasis treatment to determine the type and extent of Psoriasis. Psoriasis treatment in India can be availed by the following procedures –
- Topical creams and ointments
- Oral and injectable medications
- Ultra Violet Light treatment – Natural light therapy, UVB treatment and Goeckerman treatment
- Systemic Therapies (anti-cancer treatment, Methotrexate treatment)
- Biological Agents (Alefacept, Etanercept, Infliximab, Adalimumab, etc.)
Psoriasis Treatment in Mumbai and India is available through various alternate medicine channels. But as the disease takes multiple sessions to get completely cured and must be properly monitored by a trained dermatologist, opt for specialists like Dr. Rinky Kapoor. Dermatologistmumbai.com specializes in psoriasis diagnosis and treatment and offers a complete psoriasis management package at fair prices.
Getting psoriasis treatment: The options available
Psoriasis is a skin condition that leads to the cells of the skin growing abruptly and with a lot of speed. Getting the best psoriasis treatment in Mumbai, with Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics, is possible. If you or a loved one needs to get the best psoriasis treatment in Mumbai, it is important that you know what to expect.
Purpose of psoriasis treatment in Mumbai
The main purposes of visiting a psoriasis specialist in Mumbai are as follows:
- Psoriasis treatment will lead to a slowing down of the growth of skin cells which will again reduce inflammation and hence the suffering of the patient
- Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai will cause a reduction in scaling
- Using particular ointments, a psoriasis specialist in Mumbai will be able to smoothen the skin
Best psoriasis treatments in Mumbai that are available
If you are looking for a psoriasis specialist in Mumbai who will treat your psoriasis condition, knowing the options that you have is a good thing. So read on for the best psoriasis treatments in Mumbai available.
- Topical creams and ointments: For patients who have only a mild to moderate psoriasis condition, the best psoriasis treatment in Mumbai will be one which involves the use of topical creams and ointments. Topical corticosteroids are used a lot in psoriasis treatment because they are powerful and highly anti-inflammatory. Apart from them, your psoriasis specialist in Mumbai can also recommend using Vitamin D analogs, Anthralin, topical retinoids, coal tar, and salicylic acid for treatment. Sometimes, the best psoriasis treatment is about applying moisturisers on the affected area a lot because that may not treat the condition itself but it will reduce the itchiness and the inflammation.
- Light therapy: Phototherapy or light therapy is another psoriasis treatment that gets recommended a lot. Whether it is by sunlight or phototherapy treatment in a clinic that offers it, the specialist you choose may recommend all or more to you to treat psoriasis.
- Oral drugs: This is a resource if you are looking for the best psoriasis treatment in Mumbai. Your specialist may also ask you to get injections because they can be more effective than oral drugs for psoriasis treatment. From retinoids to cyclosporine, there is a variety of the best psoriasis oral medications available.
Today, getting the best psoriasis treatment in Mumbai with Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics is not a problem at all. However, do yourself a favour and take your time finding the best psoriasis treatment specialist. The truth is that one does not have to live with psoriasis any longer because psoriasis treatment is now easily available. Psoriasis is no doubt an embarrassing condition but with the right psoriasis specialist, you can bid goodbye to the condition once and for all.