Commonly faced problems
Ageing is a natural process and all of us go through it. We may grow older, but we definitely fear looking old. The consequence of age and lifestyle becomes evident most prominently on one’s skin. The outer layer of skin that accumulates dead cells undergoes a steady transformation as the internal physiology of a person changes. The most commonly faced skin problems are –
- Fine lines and wrinkles are caused by ageing neuro-muscular network which makes the muscles rigid over time and set the epidermal layer in an irregular manner
- Dark spots on face, neck, hands, and feet due to continued exposure to dust and pollutants
- Age spots on the face, neck, hands, and feet due to the mal-production of melanin in the skin and irregular functioning of the liver and other visceral organs
- Blackheads and white heads due to deposition of impurities in the upper layer of the skin due to large pores and overactive sebaceous glands
These problems cause the skin to lose its smooth and fresh texture. If left unchecked, these irregularities don’t just remain localized to the epidermis but also get ingrained in the dermal layer making it even more difficult to correct them. At this stage, using topical treatments for your skin may not yield satisfactory results and cosmetic treatments from a cosmetic clinic may be necessary.
The uppermost layer of skin, also known as Stratum Corneum forms a protective layer above the epidermis and dermis. This layer comprises dead skin cells aligned in such a manner that airborne impurities and microorganisms can’t penetrate the skin unless they are in the form of ultra-fine microcrystals focused on the skin. This relatively impenetrable nature of the skin also prevents curative crèmes and topical treatments to take full action. As a result, age and lifestyle-related problems like dark spots, age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles get deep-rooted over time into the dermis too. As the epidermis is unable to correct these skin irregularities, the lower layers of skin also fail to regenerate and replace the aged upper layer.
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion involves the smoothening of the skin by spraying it with an abrasive, exfoliating material in the form of microscopic crystals. Microdermabrasion, is a modification of the dermabrasion procedure, which is a more vigorous exfoliation of the skin used for the treatment of deeper scars, moles, stretch marks, etc. Microdermabrasion is a milder procedure than dermabrasion and involves a much shorter recovery period.
With microdermabrasion, skin irregularities can be temporarily corrected. As the skin regenerates within 30 days on average, the treatment has to be repeated every 2-4 weeks in order to sustain the corrections. Repetitive abrasion of the epidermis also conditions the dermis layer to produce cells that are not set in fine lines or dark spots and age spots.
Who is suitable for microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion treatment is a useful skin treatment approach for patients with complaints of dull, lifeless skin, mild scarring due to acne, discolouration of the skin as a result of acne as well as light marks. Microdermabrasion clinics cater to patients who are somewhat useful for people with dull or sallow skin, mild acne, acne discoloration, pick marks, and very superficial acne scars. Microdermabrasion clinics cater to patients who are looking for a quick improvement in their skin without needing to spend a lot of time recovering from the procedure. Microdermabrasion is likely to take a very long time and several sittings in showing results in patients with deep acne scars.
What age is appropriate to undergo microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion can be safely undergone by patients over 12 years of age until the age of 65. Over the age of 65, aging skin holds a higher risk of developing bruises or scars from the microdermabrasion procedure. Microdermabrasion clinics may also offer microdermabrasion procedures to children under the age of 12 years old under the supervision of a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
Microdermabrasion is essentially a cosmetic procedure that has very short recuperation or downtime. The procedure can be administered by a trained professional or even at home with special creams. However, the procedure done by a skin specialist at a reputed microdermabrasion clinic or cosmetic centre provides a better result in long term and has a higher chance of correction in skin irregularities. The microdermabrasion procedure adopted at the Esthetic clinic is divided into two formats based on the equipment used.
- Microcrystal procedure: In this microdermabrasion procedure, a unique apparatus is used to direct micro crystals of Aluminum Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Bicarbonate or Sodium Chloride on the skin surface. The process is divided into the following steps –
- The skin surface is cleaned before the procedure is initiated. No relaxant or anesthetic is given as the procedure is non-surgical and can be administered without causing excessive pain or discomfort.
- The Microderm tool pulls up a part of the skin surface, swelling it to bring impurities onto the surface. It then shoots out micro-crystals on the targeted area of the skin. These crystals dislodge the outermost layer of the skin (Stratum Corneum which is part of the epidermis), without affecting the deeper layers of the skin.
- Vacuum pressure is created to pull up the dislodged skin impurities and used crystals back into the Microderm tool.
- The process is repeated over the desired skin area two to three times for complete microdermabrasion.
- Skin is then moisturized using special creams post the Microderm treatment.
- Diamond tip procedure: While the process and fundamental treatment output are the same, in the diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure, more advanced microderm equipment is used to treat affected skin without the use of any crystals. The diamond tip is uniquely designed to abrade the outer skin layer and successfully remove impurities. This procedure is more useful for skin areas near the eyes and mouth as there is no risk of inhalation of crystals or irritation of the eyes due to exposure to crystals.
Following the microdermabrasion procedure, Esthetic clinic experts recommend patients stay out of the sun and use sun protection for at least 24 hours. The procedure must be repeated every 2-3 weeks in order to have continuous improvement.
Microdermabrasion is indicated for very superficial skin problems like lines and pigmentation, and not for deep-rooted or advanced skin issues for which one may have to do procedures that go deeper like peels/lasers, etc. Microdermabrasion is suitable for all types of skin and complexions.
It can also give an instant glow and smoothening effect to the skin hence it is also used as a ‘party Facial’, and is also called skin polishing and is very much in demand in would–be brides, grooms, parties, public appearances for celebrities, etc.
It can be used as a maintenance tool to keep healthy and younger-looking skin on the face, hands, back, etc. One can do 1-2 sessions every month for maintenance for the long term also.
Unlike dermabrasion, the key benefit of microdermabrasion is its incredibly short downtime. Depending upon the skin type of the patient, a person undergoing microdermabrasion at a microdermabrasion clinic can recuperate between one hour and 2 days, without facing major hindrances in daily activity. Other major benefits of microdermabrasion are –
- Removal of fine lines and wrinkles from face, neck, hands, and feet
- Effective and long-lasting improvement in age spots and dark spots
- Removal of blackheads, and whiteheads and exfoliation of skin for a smoother and fresher appearance
- Reduction in acne and scars left behind by injury or disease
- Reduction in size of pores
- Very short downtime as compared to surgery. While the dermabrasion procedure can require the patient to take a few weeks to even months in order to recuperate; patients can readily resume a normal lifestyle after a session of microdermabrasion.
- As it is a non-surgical procedure, patients are not put under any relaxants or anesthetics to administer the procedure.
- Basic skin care practices like sunscreen and moisturizing can help enhance the benefits of the procedure as well as improve the overall quality of the skin.
None. Unless it is done on very damaged, thin, or sensitive skin or done aggressively. Microdermabrasion is one of the safest cosmetic procedures.
Why choose us
Microdermabrasion is a simple and effective way to improve the texture and appearance of your skin. Due to its relative simplicity, many microdermabrasion clinics have sprung up in every city but it is not necessary that these microdermabrasion clinics have the appropriate staff, dermatologists, and products to carry out the procedure safely.
The Esthetic clinic has a panel of skin care experts and dermatologists onboard who specialize in the correction of skin conditions like fine lines, wrinkles, skin dullness, dark spots, and age spots. We understand that a medical procedure like microdermabrasion requires the patient to make lifestyle transitions which are needed to make the procedure a success. Therefore, our skin specialists don’t just offer a generic procedure but complete counseling to explore patient needs before the procedure is initiated. Our microdermabrasion packages are designed keeping in mind the existing lifestyle and desired results of the patients. Contact the Esthetic clinic helpline to enquire about the treatment, book a consultation and know our current treatment prices.
Getting microdermabrasion treatment in Mumbai
If you always thought that there was a layer of pretty unwrinkled skin sitting right below the surface of your skin, then you were not alone. With microdermabrasion treatment in Mumbai with Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics, this is a reality. Microdermabrasion treatment clinics in Mumbai basically ‘’sand’’ the skin, so that the outermost layer gives way to the inner layer underneath.
With microdermabrasion treatment in Mumbai, it is now possible to reveal the beautiful skin lying below. Microdermabrasion treatment clinics in Mumbai use a special instrument to spray the skin with small exfoliating crystals.
Microdermabrasion treatment clinics in Mumbai are great for people who suffer from age spots and brown spots on the skin. Microdermabrasion treatment clinics in Mumbai are great for people who want to reveal the softer skin that is lying underneath.
Microdermabrasion treatment in Mumbai is a possibility and there are quite a few microdermabrasion treatment clinics that offer it. For clearer and spotless skin, the best non-invasive method to choose is microdermabrasion treatment in Mumbai at The Esthetic Clinics with Dr. Rinky Kapoor. Book an appointment now and get the best cost now!