Obesity and excessive weight gain is becoming a serious problem today. Not only does it interfere with various body functions, weight gain and fluctuations can cause loosening of skin. Coupled with advancing age, the skin collagen can reduce to the extent where skin can lose all its elasticity and hang loosely from the body. While most of the time lifestyle alterations can help a person reduce such damage to skin, it is not always a feasible or effective solution for retaining a firm skin.
This is why, there are various non-surgical and surgical skin tightening treatments available in India, designed to firm up and tone the skin. These are –
- Ul-therapy: This technique also utilizes application of ultrasound waves at localized areas to tighten and tone the skin, breaking down fat deposits.
- Venus Freeze: In this technique, a pulsed magnetic field and multi polar radio frequency is directed at the desired area using patented MP2 technology. The application of magnetic field improves the blood flow, increasing absorption of oxygen and nutrients resulting in formation of new collagen and elastin tissue.
- Thermage: This radiofrequency based skin tightening treatment relies on heating up of dermal skin layer, leading to leading to replacement of old and wrinkled skin in just one session.
- Botox: Injection of botox (derived from botulinum toxin) into the neuromuscular tissue can dramatically tighten up the skin. Botox injections are administered as an out-patient-door procedure, lessening crow’s feet, laugh lines and wrinkles as well.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of undergoing a non-surgical skin tightening treatment?
- It is a non-surgical, non-invasive technique.
- It involves no surgery, or incision and therefore minimal subsequent discomfort, risk of infection, and downtime.
- It can be used for all types of skin
- It yields less dramatic or extensive than surgical methods of skin tightening
- It usually needs a number of sittings or sessions before the results become evident
- Temporary redness, swelling or discomfort is a common side effect of these procedures.
Who is a good candidate for a non-surgical skin tightening treatment?
Non-surgical skin tightening treatment in mumbai is recommended for patients who have mild to moderately loose skin on their face, neck and arms. Patients who have some lax skin from any weight loss or surgical procedure may benefit most from a skin tightening treatment. Patients seeking an improvement in the quality of their skin can seek a non-surgical treatment to improve the texture and appearance of their skin. Lastly, non-surgical cosmetic procedures are well suited to patients who are unable to or unsuitable for a surgical procedure.
How should you prepare for your skin tightening treatment?
In order to undergo your skin tightening treatment safely and effectively, you should take the following steps –
- Stop smoking at least six to eight weeks prior to the treatment to promote better healing of your skin
- Eliminate the use of certain medications such as aspirin, and other anti-inflammatory medications to minimize any risk of complications from the procedure
- Stop using any skin treatments that you have been using to minimize interactions and reduce the risk of complications
- Make sure you are well hydrated before undergoing the treatment
For choosing the right skin tightening treatment, you can visit a dermatologist with experience and expertise in aesthetic as well as cosmetic procedures. Dr. Rinky Kapoor is the best dermatologist in Mumbai, offering comprehensive skin tightening and skin care services.
Skin tightening treatments: Tightening the skin the cosmetic surgery way!
If you have always wanted to tighten your skin, you are not alone. Skin tightening treatments in mumbai are extremely popular in today’s times when more people are concerned about their appearances. So what are the tightening treatments available? Know more about tightening procedures below.
- Botox: There are a huge number of men and women who swear by this skin tightening treatment. If you don’t have a problem with tightening procedures that involve a needle, then Botox is the tightening option for you. Getting a Botox skin tightening treatment is easy and will not take up much of your time. This is one tightening treatment that you can depend on.
- Laser therapy: This is another skin tightening treatment that works very well. Laser skin tightening treatment is something that you will find in a lot of skin clinics. This tightening treatment really works.
- Juvederm: This involves a skin tightening treatment that will involve injecting a filler. Why such injection fillers work so well as skin tightening treatments is because they are very less invasive and do not take a lot of time.
- Restylane: This is a face tightening treatment that will work. This tightening option will ensure that you have smooth skin on your face.
- Thermage: Thermage is another skin tightening treatment. If you are looking for a tightening treatment that will take off years from your face, try this!