With the advancement of age, loss of collagen tissue and sub-cutaneous fat sets in. As a result problems like sagging skin, formation of fine lines and wrinkles start affecting the facial skin. Sudden loss of fat through liposuction can also result in sagging of skin, ruining the aesthetic appeal completely. Skin tightening treatments are, therefore, gaining a lot of prominence in aesthetic and cosmetic procedures sought out by men and women.
As skin tightening treatment requires the underlying muscles need to be addressed and repositioned, it is always advisable to seek professional help for skin tightening related procedures. Following non-surgical skin tightening treatments are presently available-
- Injection of fillers: Dermal fillers like Juverderm or Restylane can soften the skin that occurs around Nasolabial fold and facial creases, thus making the cheek folds appear less prominent.
- Facial Fat fillers: This treatment involves extraction of organic fat from other parts of the body and injecting it into the face, to correct appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines, wrinkles and sagging cheeks.
- Ultherapy: Ultrasound waves are applied to the focused area on skin to restore collagen production and correct skin sagging as well as wrinkles. This treatment requires multiple sessions to effectively restore skin elasticity.
- Thermage: Application of focused heat on the affected skin can induce reproduction and alignment of collagen tissue. Skin tightening devices or machines used to tighten the skin include as Refirme, Titan or Thermage.
- Laser Skin Tightening: This is recommended as one of the best skin tightening treatment, effectively reducing the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin. It is a minimally invasive, non-surgical process that uses an infrared light source (a laser) to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin surface, causing the skin to tighten. Facial skin tightening is noticeable immediately after the treatment, making this an extremely popular procedure. With multiple sessions of laser skin tightening, a more youthful appearance of skin can be restored.
Most skin tightening treatments encourage the growth of new collagen tissue in the treated areas and promote the absorption of more collagen from surrounding, unrelated areas.
With the regeneration of natural collagen, you can immediately begin to notice smoother, softer skin and more youthful appearance. The effects continue to improve over the next few months following laser skin tightening treatment.
Dr. Rinky Kapoor is the best dermatologist in Mumbai, offering a wide range of customized skin care treatments. Book a personalized skin consultation at the Esthetic Clinic to explore customized skin tightening treatment options for your skin.