Vitiligo is the condition of the skin wherein it loses its color. According to research, only 1% of the population is affected by this disease. It can happen to anyone of any color and is very unpredictable. This condition can appear on any part of your body, even the eyes and the inside of your mouth. There are several solutions for Vitiligo treatment. Here are two main treatment modes along with their advantages and disadvantages:
- Medical Therapies
This type of treatment usually involves topical and oral medications. De-pigmentation using laser is also possible.
- Medical therapies are quite cheap compared to surgical therapies.
- There’s no recovery period for medical therapies.
- It can take some time before clear results become evident.
- Surgical Therapies
One of the most popular surgical treatment for Vitiligo is skin grafting, wherein skin with normal color is attached to affected areas. Micro pigmentation is also an option. This process is similar to getting a tattoo.
- Results are readily evident.
- This type of treatment is long-lasting.
- Expect surgical therapies to be expensive.
- Recovery period can take a while, especially if you opted for skin grafting.
If you want to find out what kind of Vitiligo treatment is ideal for you, contact skin care specialists or dermatologists. They should be able to assess your condition and offer you relevant information on the types of treatments suitable for you. Your skin is the largest organ of the body, and it’s important that you take good care of it. Don’t let an inexperienced or underqualified doctor handle your Vitiligo treatment. Vitiligo treatment requires professional care. Most of the time, patients will need sustained treatment for up to 18 months, depending on their condition. If you want guaranteed results and ensured safety, go to a specialist today.